Saturday, October 6, 2007

Inaugural Post

So, we've been meaning to get a blog started to help us stay in touch with all of our friends and family since we got married, and somehow we've never made it happen. Now that I've officially started maternity leave, I'm hoping I can get into the habit of posting updates and pictures regularly.
Right now, the big news is that the Stemm-Calderon clan will soon add a member when our first daughter is born this month. We're due October 19th, so she should be here in the next few weeks. Many of you have been asking whether we've settled on a name yet, and really, we're still deliberating. There's a poll to the right of this web page to get your vote on the two front runners. We're interested in your two cents, but really we're both pretty convinced we'll only know for sure once we meet her.
We've recently moved to Leavenworth, Washington and are really enjoying living some place with actual seasons (our condolences to all of you Houstonians). These pictures are from a hike my mom and I took up the Icicle Gorge Trail to see the leaves changing. We brought along her dog Odin and my puppy Molly. It was a gorgeous trail, and I made it all four miles although this baby is riding so low on my pubic boneI waddle more then I walk these days. Actually, walking a couple of times a day is one of the things I've loved most about our new home, and hopefully it may bring the baby along sooner rather than later.
Andre's been making a name for himself at Mission View Elementary down in Wenatchee where he's teaching 2nd grade bilingual. I'll get you all a picture of his class soon - they are absolutely darling. I met them this past week when I went to his school for the baby shower that his second grade team members and all of the staff at his school threw for us. They were so sweet and generous and it seems they all love Andre (as they should ;). We're headed over to Seattle tomorrow for a little Whole Foods and REI trip in the morning. Picture us putting on our Sunday's best and readying our horse-drawn carriage to head into town and go to the market - seriously, this is what it takes to get your hands on some organic produce and stylish gear. In the afternoon we're headed up to my cousin Jason and Melanie's house in Marysville for a baby shower with my family. I'll write with an update and pictures of our adventures on Monday.

1 comment:

Jensfred said...

Hey Zoe and Dre... miss you guys tons... i need to see you before you pop and before Dre becomes a Papa... he will make a good one.... he is great.. I want to see you guys soon.. but I'm so busy with school and work that I don't know when... let me know when you guys are freeee... call me some time or text me your guys new number or e-mail me please miss you guys lottss.... love ya Jens